Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Well, I'm not There Yet...

...but I will be on Tuesday 11 October. Catching the 1150 Norwegian Air Shuttle from London Stanstead, I'll be breathing fresh Bergen air by 3pm local time.

This is Norway:


The red circle roughly shows the part of Norway where I'll be living. It's a town called Arna, near the city of Bergen and, confusingly, in the municipality of Bergen. It is in the county called Hordaland. Bergen is the second largest city in Norway, and is known as "THE GATEWAY TO THE FJORDS" among the Norwegian Tourist Board, so that's nice.

I'm in Arna to work with the youth of the local Ichthus link church; discipling as best I can and hopefully inspring them about local church. Interestingly, I'll also be working alongside the Arna scout group; tying knots as best I can and hopefully surviving eskimo rolls.

Then, come the summer, I'll be winging my way back to London. In the meantime, this is my record of what's going on in Norway. You might as well read it, I've got to be in your top five Englishmen in southwestern Norway, at least.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tim Lovell said...

Ah, good stuff, the editing has begun. I await further developments with baited breath

Thursday, 29 September, 2005  
Blogger jodes da princess said...

dan, its been too long, I've gone and got married and everything!! how the sam hill are you?

Thursday, 29 September, 2005  
Blogger Dan said...

Indeed it has been too long (and didn't you propose to me? I think you show great disrespect by not asking for my blessing I forgive you). I'm doing alright. Sorting my stuff out for The Great Nordic Adventure. And I made a wicked mash-up of Lauryn Hill Vs Young MC... Anyway, thanks for finding my largely unvisited corner of this thing. No one really knows it exists yet so well done. How are you?

Friday, 30 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog mate. I like the image on the title bar...I should really do something like that too. Good to see you tonight, and hope the trip goes really well! I'll be in touch.

Tim

Friday, 07 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHAAN AND SHAI LOVE YOU DAN

Sunday, 23 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arsenal 1 - Spurs 0

Sunday, 23 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arsenal 1 - Spurs 0

Sunday, 23 October, 2005  
Blogger Dan said...

Hey guys! Good to see you and...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAI

Hope you're having a great day mate. Speak to you both soon. (You did get my e-mails, yeah?)

Sunday, 23 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home