Thursday, October 13, 2005

Two Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy

Well, the flight was safe, early and cheap as the lady at the check-in desk knocked loads off the price of my overweight baggage. The first couple of days in Arna were unusually warm and then the rain came. It rained for the whole of last night and all of today. It's due to get better but try telling that to my socks. My host family, the Dalseths, are lovely and the cooking is good. I'm straight into the thick of meetings already and yesterday travelled with Terje to Vos for a cell group/potential church plant meeting. It took about an hour to get there but the route was amazing. Lucky for me, one of the tunnels is having work done on it so we had to take the scenic route. I saw Norway's largest in-land island and lots of fjords. The whole car journey was stunning. We went through loads of tunnels, too. At the entrance they say how long they are and the longest I've been through so far is 2,770 metres, getting on for two miles! I'll keep you updated on developments in the area of Dan Record Tunnel Length as much as I can but Norwegian keyboards are taking some getting used to (extra letters: å, ø, æ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home