Monday, June 26, 2006

Editing Films Will Push You Over to the Dark Side

So I'm sitting in the site office tent at the summer scout camp, having major technical difficulties with the new film I'm supposed to be making. The Troubles started last night when, at the end of an hour-long video upload, the power cut and I lost the lot. It didn't help that I was missing the best, most violent match of the World Cup so far at the time. Now, in a new twist, all audio has gone missing. It looks like this project may not be able to go any further; I don't fancy making a silent movie. But never mind, it's fun other than that, and the weather just decided to get good. Plans are already afoot to teach the wondrous Indian sport of kabaddi to the scouts, and hopefully we can stage Norway's first ever youth kabaddi tournament. Photos from the camp and Norwegian-language articles will be posted regularly through the week here. Click on anything that says 'bilder' or 'bildene' to see pictures.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Shame you missed it. Good football and nasty violence coupled with a few pints of cider made for a great evening.

Monday, 26 June, 2006  
Blogger Dan said...

I followed it on The Guardian's minute-by-minute report and it sounded like top quality entertainment. Then the power cut to the PC and I was collapsed, punching the floor in desperate rage...

Thursday, 29 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember kabadi on channel 4... never really took off as a television sport

Wednesday, 05 July, 2006  
Blogger Dan said...

It deserved better... And now has better! The scouts got well into it - we played official rules against the clock, with point scoring and 'out' players coming back in to the game etc. It was heart-warming to see the little scouts playing a pretend game on the pitch one afternoon - I'm sure they were claiming to be their favorite Kabaddi heroes ("I'm Dan!" and so forth) - and it was just a massive hit. At the end of the camp I was presented with a personalised t-shirt with a giant 1 on the front and Dan Lovell, Kabaddi Master on the back. I also got a diploma (although I think that word might just mean "certificate" in Norway) "in gratitude for the introduction of the fine sport of Kabaddi". Brilliant.

Saturday, 08 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK

Wednesday, 12 July, 2006  
Blogger Andy said...

Mate I've just read your comment about the introduction of Kabaddi to Norwegian scouts. Big respect!

Monday, 17 July, 2006  
Blogger Dan said...

Thanks Andy - I couldn't be more proud of the legacy of nutty breath-holding sport that I leave behind me...

Ebanks boys: check the countdown clock underneath the title. See you soon!

Monday, 17 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home