Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Send Friends DVDs, Get Nice Text Messages!

The reviews are in: The critics have declared Finse 2006 the finest foreign film to come out of Arna all year! Following a triumphant premiere and after-show signing session, SpeiderDan Films has been inundated with literally several e-mail orders from members of the scout group, taking a quick break from tying knots and desperate to buy a copy of Lovell's debut offering.

But it's not just the Norse who are crazy for the movie event of the spring. Over three text messages from enraptured viewers in England have applauded the work. Ellie was the first to offer her verdict: "We just finished watching it - it was really great! You did really really well! Everybody looks so sweet, u won't want to leave."

"Just watching your quality video! Shame my norwegian isn't up 2 scratch!" So remarked the ever-humble Dave of Bow. Truly, subtitles would have added nothing meaningful.

Stephen joyfully picked up on the film's highlights
: "It's a piece of glory! Pure gold! That bearded man laughed so much at vomitting kid! What were they eating? Giant pitta? I love the ski wipeouts, class music selection also Dan."

Chris summed up the response with his measured appraisal: "Finally sat down to watch your dvd and of course we agreed that you're a genius!" And I'd hate to disagree with a man so full of wisdom as he.

To get your copy of the hit DVD, simply approach me in person at a scout meeting and put your money in my hand. Alternatively, wait until I get back to England. I'll be desperate to get rid of all my unsold copies and they'll be yours for the taking.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tim Lovell said...

Cor blimey guvna, you've become a right regular postie type.

I'm sure I didn't sign consent forms for my picture to be posted all over the worldwide interweb of shattered dreams. And is that your hand on my shoulder in the sing-song one? Truly you are a man of cheese.

For my part, I really enjoyed the film, or video journal, or short, or scout expose or whatever the heck you're calling it.

I would've liked to see some classic chumba wumba 'I get knocked doen, but I get up again'. That would have fitted in nicely.

And by the way, I know you were desperate to get one of me totalling myself. Ha, lets look at the funny/sexy English man who can't ski. Ha, look he has broken all of his legs. Etc etc. But IT DIDN'T HAPPEN did it. So there.

Wednesday, 12 April, 2006  
Blogger Dan said...

There is footage of two separate occasions of you landing on your backside. Not exactly a high speed wreck but for that you'd need to have got your speed up a bit. And let's not forget the embarrassment of your attempted joke on the train home. I will never understand how Vik could possibly have found that funny...

Obviously, my hand on your shoulder is a subtle pastiche on musical performance. Hilarious. Shame the actual performance by us was not so subtle and dreadful in every way. And besides, you're the one singing with your eyes closed! Getting caught up in the music?

And don't tell me you want Chumbawamba in there (as if I would ever use their music anyway)! Ski wipeouts soundtracked by Sigur Rós is a world first!

Wednesday, 12 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do I have to do to get a copy? Can you post me one, or do I need to wait until you return to England's green and pleasant soil [to mix me metaphors]?

Monday, 17 April, 2006  
Blogger Dan said...

Tim, I can't give you a DVD now; without giving too much away, that would ruin your wedding present.

Oh alright, I'll pop one in the post this week... I've got your address.

Tuesday, 18 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank ye most kindly. I shall look forward to seeing it...

Thursday, 20 April, 2006  
Blogger Dan said...

Thanks Kiera! The sped-up dancing is one of my favourite bits too. It's not big or clever, but it's high-speed dancing to Boogie Wonderland - what's not to love?!

And I apologise about vomit kid but it is a scout film... Just be grateful that I didn't include the second time he barfed.

Wednesday, 26 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home